AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had an interesting day to day.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 5/6/2009 21:49 (#705351)
Subject: Had an interesting day to day.

Oso and I went to town this afternoon for a part and the dern pickup died in an intersection. Could'nt get it started quick enough, so I pushed it out of the road and onto the shoulder. As soon as I got out, a lady appears at the side of the pickup and asked if she could be of any help. ???????? HUH??, I was thinking. I looked around quick to make sure I did'nt see some skinheads or something looking to kill me and take the tools or something. Nope, nothing around but this lady and traffic,.....heavy traffic. The pickup died before so I bought a new lift pump for it, just had'nt installed it yet. I took a 10mm wrench and was opening the bleed screw on the filter while thanking the lady for stopping, but that I could get things handled. She said she'd just wait to make I got going and that it was no trouble at all. WOW!!!!!, does'nt she know here in America you're not supposed to help strangers in need, but instead are supposed to knock them over and take their money?
So I got the engine running, all the while visiting with a "stranger". I was just so taken aback that anyone would offer to help a stranger anymore. It may happen in other areas of the country from time to time, but I assure you it is not something that happens here.......till now. I thanked her again for her concern and generosity as well as her having such a great spirit and kind heart. I dont think she'd ever been thanked for stopping before.

I guess I just figured I'd share that with you as there are so many that seemed to have lost faith in the people of this country..................and to a certain extent, that includes me. Every day above ground is a good day for me, but today, having such a kind soul offer a hand, was.........just a super good day I guess.
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)